This week, the Assisted Living Federation of America (ALFA) presented Hero Awards to “the most selfless and inspiring senior living employees.” Six deserving recipients who are all working to improve the lives of seniors in assisted living.
Learn more about the recipients and their work, which has left a lasting impact on assisted living communities across the nation.
Improving the Lives of Seniors in Assisted Living
Although we work tirelessly to give our seniors and families the best care and quality of life, some senior living employees go above and beyond to exemplify what it means to heroes in senior living.
ALFA awards these senior living employees for their dedication to the assisted living communities and residents they serve, by presenting them with Hero Awards. This includes an award and video demonstrating their commitment and dedication to seniors.
James Balda, President and CEO of ALFA, discussed his thoughts on the heroes with us:
“What impressed me is their level of commitment… Giving awards to top performers is not uncommon. What is uncommon about these top performers is their level of impact on the lives of residence and their level of commitment every single day.”
The ALFA heroes include:
- Edward Esquerra, Life Engagement Manager — Autumn Leaves of Cy-Fair, Houston Texas
- Allyson Sweeney, Dir. Community Relations — The Arbors, Shelburne Vermont
- Joyce Fowlkes, Activities/Enrichment Coordinator — Hidden Lakes, Salem Oregon
- Jerry Carson, Maintenance Technician — Langston Place, Clinton, South Carolina
- David Noles, Dietary Aid — Heritage Woods of McLeansboro, McLeansboro, Illinois
- Donna Hester, Hiring Manager – Elmcroft of Sherwood, Sherwood Arkansas
Videos of each of the incredible heroes and their uplifting work can be found below and on ALFA’s website.