Cost of Assisted Living in Hawaii
According to the 2012 A Place for Mom Senior Living Costs Survey, the median monthly cost to live in an assisted living one bedroom apartment in Hawaii is $3,777.
Top Cities in Hawaii
Monthly costs in neighboring states
All cities offering Assisted Living
Assisted Living Rules and Regulations in Hawaii
Assisted Living Term Used in Hawaii
Assisted Living Facility
Assisted Living Licensing in Hawaii
A state license is required for all assisted living facilities.
Required Staff Training
- All staff must have first aid and CPR training.
- All new employees must receive orientation on the practice and goals of assisted living and all employees must complete at least six hour of in-service training every year.
- Facilities must have a licensed staff available at all times to meet the needs of the residents.
- The facility must employ 24 hour on-site direct care staff.
Eviction Laws and Resident Protections
A resident can be evicted if he or she is a danger to self or others, if the facility is unable to meet the resident’s needs or if there is a documented, established patter of the resident failing to abide by agreements.
- There must be a service listing detailing the services available, the base rates, the services included in the base rate and the fees for all additional services.
- A service listing must also describe services which the facility does not provide but can assist to arrange.
- Licensed assisted living facilities are subject to unannounced inspections. Summary reports of the licensing inspection are on file and available upon request.
- All facilities must be in compliance with local, state and federal safety and building codes.
Sources and Links
Find Assisted Living