Cost of Assisted Living in Hawaii
According to the 2012 A Place for Mom Senior Living Costs Survey, the median monthly cost to live in an assisted living one bedroom apartment in Hawaii is $3,777.
Top Cities in Hawaii
Assisted Living Rules and Regulations in Hawaii
Assisted Living Term Used in Hawaii
Assisted Living Facility
Assisted Living Licensing in Hawaii
A state license is required for all assisted living facilities.
Required Staff Training
- All staff must have first aid and CPR training.
- All new employees must receive orientation on the practice and goals of assisted living and all employees must complete at least six hour of in-service training every year.
- Facilities must have a licensed staff available at all times to meet the needs of the residents.
- The facility must employ 24 hour on-site direct care staff.
Eviction Laws and Resident Protections
A resident can be evicted if he or she is a danger to self or others, if the facility is unable to meet the resident’s needs or if there is a documented, established patter of the resident failing to abide by agreements.
- There must be a service listing detailing the services available, the base rates, the services included in the base rate and the fees for all additional services.
- A service listing must also describe services which the facility does not provide but can assist to arrange.
- Licensed assisted living facilities are subject to unannounced inspections. Summary reports of the licensing inspection are on file and available upon request.
- All facilities must be in compliance with local, state and federal safety and building codes.
Sources and Links
Find Assisted Living