Cost of Assisted Living in Louisiana
According to the 2012 A Place for Mom Senior Living Costs Survey, the median monthly cost to live in an assisted living one bedroom apartment in Louisiana is $3,306.
Top Cities in Louisiana
Assisted Living Rules and Regulations in Louisiana
Last updated: October 30, 2012
We encourage you to familiarize yourself with your rights and the legal obligations of assisted living communities in Louisiana.
Assisted Living Terms Used in Louisiana
Adult Residential Care Home
- All adult residential care facilities must have a license if they provide personal assistance, lodging and meals for compensation to two or more adults who are unrelated to the owner of the residence.
- A license is not required if the facility does not provide at least one personal service in addition to lodging and meals.
Required Staff Training
- All staff members must have training in policies and procedures of the facility, residents’ rights, and instruction in the specific job responsibilities.
- Direct care workers are required to complete in service training each year.
- Directors are required to complete 12 ours of continuing education per year.
- Each facility must have a sufficient number of direct care staff members on duty to meet the needs of the residents at all times.
- The facility must have at least one awake staff member on duty 24 hours a day, including any additional night time staff if deemed necessary by the state.
Eviction Laws and Resident Protections
- A resident may be forced to move out of the facility if the resident is a danger to self or others, if the resident consistently disrupts other residents, services or the facility or if the facility is unable to provide services needed by the resident.
- Facilities are required to have a written policy on resident’s civil rights and the practices of the provider must assure that residents have civil and legal rights, that residents are not denied admission on the basis of race, sex or ancestry and that residents are treated with dignity.
Inspections are conducted at regular intervals, with not more than one year between inspections.
Sources and Links
Find Assisted Living