Cost of Assisted Living in Missouri
According to the 2012 A Place for Mom Senior Living Costs Survey, the median monthly cost to live in an assisted living one bedroom apartment in Missouri is $3,212.
Top Cities in Missouri
Assisted Living Rules and Regulations in Missouri
Assisted Living Terms Used in Missouri
Residential care facility
Assisted Living License Types
- A facility can be licensed as either a residential care facility I or a residential care facility II.
- Each facility can provide room, board, oversight and medication administration.
- In a level II facility, residents receive assistance with personal care and receive physician directed health care.
Required Training for Staff
- Staff members must receive at least one hour of orientation.
- A direct care staff member in a level II facility must receive at least 24 hour of initial training which includes the care of residents with dementia and staff must also complete at least 4 hours of in service training each quarter.
- Residential care facilities must have adequate personnel on duty at all times.
- A level I facility must have at least one employee for every 40 residents while a level II facility must have at least one employee for every 25 residents during the night.
Residents must be informed in writing of all services and charges.
The Department of Health and Senior Services inspects all Missouri assisted living facilities twice each year.
Links and Sources
Find Assisted Living