Cost of Assisted Living in Nebraska
According to the 2012 A Place for Mom Senior Living Costs Survey, the median monthly cost to live in an assisted living one bedroom apartment in Nebraska is $3,165.
Best Places in Nebraska to Retire 2012
Omaha Nebraska: 193 days of sun. Vibe: Midwestern cozy with a high-tech spark. (AARP – Best Places to Live on $100 a Day)
Omaha Nebraska: Ranked #3 in the Best Cities for Aging Index due to expert health care, low cost of living and high employment among seniors. (Best Cities for Successful Aging Index: Milken Institute July 2012 )
Top Cities in Nebraska
Assisted Living Rules and Regulations in Nebraska
Assisted Living License and Standards of Care
- All facilities must have a standard license.
- Additional licensure is required for facilities providing care for Alzheimer’s disease or a related dementia.
Required Staff Training
- Direct care staff must complete initial orientation and ongoing training.
- All staff must complete at least 12 hour of continuing education per year on topics appropriate to the staff member’s job duties.
Extra services and fees must be presented to the resident in writing.
Overnight Staffing Laws
- Each facility must maintain a sufficient number of staff with the required training and skills to properly provide for the care of the residents.
- At least one staff person must be on site at all times.
Eviction Laws and Resident Protections
- Residents who require skilled nursing care or who have a need beyond what the facility can provide may be evicted.
- The facility must provide a 30 day written notice except when the discharge is to protect the safety o the resident, other residents or staff.
Sources and Links
Find Assisted Living