- Avalon Assisted Living & Wellness Center
1629 Route 376, Wappingers Falls, NY, 12590
Community InformationAvalon Assisted Living & Wellness Center is an assisted living facility in Wappingers Falls, NY. Avalon Assisted Living & Wellness Center offers activities at their location for residents. These activities generally allow residents to maintain healthy lifestyles by encouraging movement and socializing with their peers.
Being able to chat with other residents becomes an important part of many peoples' lives and Avalon Assisted Living & Wellness Center offers common spaces indoors to support that need. The benefit of living in an assisted living community is that making meals can be costly and time consuming process so Avalon Assisted Living & Wellness Center provides meals for residents.
Staff is awake and available 24 hours a day so if any emergencies occur no matter the time, there will be someone ready to help. Making sure residents with diabetes monitor their insulin levels is clearly an important task and Avalon Assisted Living & Wellness Center can help with that task. If a resident needs assistance moving from a bed to a wheelchair, this facility has staff who can help.
Unique FeaturesPRIVATE PAY REFS ONLY - They do not want anyone who will be converting to Medicaid. Just rec'd a call from Beth (10/25/12) and she is upset with financially unqualified leads. They partnered to get private pay moves and that's what they want to receive.
Privates and semi-privates, room-style.
• 24 hour supervision - Intercom and call bells are connected to a central station.
• Meals - are nutritionally planned by registered dieticians. Special diets are served.
• Life enrichment and diversified activity - plans include trips to local attractions.
• Personal Care Services: Highly trained and certified personal care aides provide 24-hour assistance with all aspects of personal care such as bathing, dressing, eating, grooming and ambulation.
• Housekeeping Services: Daily room cleaning, including making beds and laundry
• Medication Management: Highly qualified and trained personnel assist in the administration of the medication. All meds are centrally stored and administered in accordance with the physicians’ orders.
• Case Management: All aspects of care and services are supervised and coordinated by a Registered Nurse.
• Accessibility to physicians and other professional providers: Space and accommodations are made to professional providers who visit the facility. Such professionals include primary physicians, podiatrists, physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech therapists, audiologists, etc.
• Rates: Fees for our services vary, based upon individual needs. Our administrative staff will be happy to discuss services, fees and the availability of potential funding sources.
Feedback from a family: (recent move-in Nov '08)
"Keep residents busy with lots of activities; sing alongs, exercise programs, no time to sit around in room and watch TV. Gets her hair done every week ($12!) The food is great, Avalon even had family share a snack with group and when another son came - they asked him to get up and share with the group what he does for a living, etc. Cannot speak more highly of Avalon... they have treated her like a queen so far, did whatever they could to make her feel comfortable right from the start."
The minimum age that a resident may be is 55 years old.
StaffingNurses on Staff24-Hour Awake StaffHomecare Onsite
Additional ServicesDiabetic Care
The community can help residents monitor their blood sugar but cannot give insulin injections.
Incontinent residents must be able to manage incontinence themselves.
Non Ambulatory Care
This community can provide standby assistance for residents who need help transferring, for example, from a bed into a wheelchair.
This community is provides multiple levels of care allowing residents to remain at the community while receiving increasing care.
TransportationResident Parking AvailableComplimentary Transportation
Additional AmenitiesActivities OnsiteDevotional Services OffsiteIndoor Common AreasBeautician Onsite
Other ServicesAging in Place
Activities ProvidedNone specified at this time.
Average Room Pricing at Avalon Assisted Living & Wellness Center
Room Type Assisted Living Studio Averages $5,400 - $6,700 Monthly 1 Bedroom Semi-Private Averages $3,200 - $3,900 Monthly 2 BedroomsDisclaimer: The prices, amenities, features and care offered at senior communities are all subject to change; therefore information on this community profile may be out of date. Please note the costs per community are rough estimates; actual costs may vary depending on special offers and discounts, additional fees for services and care, and availability.
Estimated Fees at Avalon Assisted Living & Wellness Center
Fee Type Assisted Living Community Fee Respite Fee Buy-In Fee High Care Needs Fee Medium Care Needs Fee Low Care Needs Fee 2nd Person Fee Averages $2,700 - $3,400 MonthlyDisclaimer: The prices, amenities, features and care offered at senior communities are all subject to change; therefore information on this community profile may be out of date. Please note the costs per community are rough estimates; actual costs may vary depending on special offers and discounts, additional fees for services and care, and availability.
Paying for careCommercial InsurancePrivate paySocial SecuritySeparate pricing structure for careVeteran's benefits
If Avalon Assisted Living & Wellness Center isn't quite what you're looking for, take a look at a few other nearby communities that might be a better match.
|City||Distance||Number of Facilities||Average Cost for 1 Bedroom|
|Wappingers Falls||0 miles||1||N/A|
General Pricing Information for Wappingers Falls Assisted Living
|Room Type||Minimum Cost||Average Cost||Maximum Cost|