Cost of Assisted Living in South Carolina
According to the 2012 A Place for Mom Senior Living Costs Survey, the median monthly cost to live in an assisted living one bedroom apartment in South Carolina is $2,997.
Top Cities in South Carolina
Assisted Living Rules and Regulations in South Carolina
Assisted Living Terms Used in South Carolina
Community Residential Care Facility
Assisted Living License Types
Standard licensure includes any facility that offers care for individuals with mental illness or disabilities.
Required Training for Staff
- Staff must complete in service training programs that include training in first aid, checking for vital signs, communicable diseases, medication management and CPR.
- Administrators must complete 18 hours of continuing education hours per year.
- Staff must be adequate in number and training to meet the needs of each resident.
- Overnight, there must be at least one staff member for 30 residents.
- In facilities with over 8 residents, at least one staff member must be awake at all times.
Eviction Laws and Resident Protections
- A resident may be evicted from a facility if their needs can no longer be met at that facility, if the resident requires hospitalization, nursing facility care or the continuous daily attention of a facility staff licensed nurse.
- South Carolina guarantees residents a bill of rights which includes the right to self-determination, the right to personal privacy and the right to information.
The Department of Health inspects assisted living facilities every year.
Links and Sources
Find Assisted Living