Cost of Assisted Living in South Dakota
According to the 2012 A Place for Mom Senior Living Costs Survey, the median monthly cost to live in an assisted living one bedroom apartment in South Dakota is $2,630
Top Cities in South Dakota
All cities offering Assisted Living
Assisted Living Rules and Regulations in South Dakota
Assisted Licensing South Dakota
- A separate license is required for facilities providing skilled nursing services or rehabilitation services over 8 hours per day.
- If a facility has cognitively impaired residents, it must be approved for medication administration.
Required Training for Staff
- Staff must complete an orientation with continuing education.
- Continuing education classes must include fire prevention, accident prevention, resident rights and confidentiality.
Overnight Staffing Laws
- At least one staff person must be on duty at all times.
- If the facility has less than ten beds, that staff member does not need to be awake.
- Each resident must receive at least 48 minutes of direct care everyday.
Eviction Laws and Resident Protections
- A resident may be evicted if ther facility can not meet the needs of the resident.
- South Dakota has a list of resident rights which include the right to privacy, the right to manage personal finances and the right to refuse care.
The Department of Health inspects assisted living facilities every 9 to 15 months. Reports must be posted at each facility.
Links and Sources
Find Assisted Living