For many seniors, it can be difficult to hear amidst the bustle of an active senior living community. Even with hearing aids, participating in activities that rely on sound, like dances, movies and presentations can be frustrating. Fortunately, a new hearing device is reducing these frustrations.
Eversound’s new hearing system is designed specifically to provide older adults with an enhanced listening experience compared with conventional hearing aids. It is simple to set up and use, and is intended to benefit group activities such as movies and presentations in senior living communities.
Hearing Device Technology in Assisted Living
Eversound has many features that set it apart from traditional auditory systems and hearing aids, making it perfect for assisted living communities:
- Comfortable and customizable: The headphones are ergonomic and lightweight to comfortably fit the user’s head for hours at a time. They feature an adjustable headband and easy-to-use volume dial for maximum customization.
- Hearing-aid friendly: Eversound Headphones can improve hearing in anyone, whether or not the user wears hearing aids. The headphones simply slip over the top of any hearing device, including implants, external or removable aides.
- Sanitary: The headphones are made from anti-microbial plastics and feature replaceable ear pads.
- User-friendly: The headphones are simple to use, free of cumbersome wires and have oversized volume buttons that are self-controlled by the person wearing them.
How Eversound Works
Eversound can connect to any audio source, including an iPod, microphone, sound system, television etc. and works by broadcasting the sound to all connected headphones within a 300-foot radius. Each headphone set is individually controlled by the client, and the volume can be adjusted based on their level of hearing loss.
The Eversound system includes:
- Clip-on microphone: Allows presenters to broadcast their voice clearly, without having to shout
- Eversound transmitter: Connects to any audio source
- Personalized Eversound headphones: The system can be purchased with up to 30 headsets, however, a limitless amount of additional sets can be purchased in increments of ten
- Portable charging case: Headsets can be transported and charged in a custom, protective case
Senior Living Communities Buy-In
Silverado, the renowned healthcare organization that focuses on home, hospice and memory care has announced their partnership with Eversound Technologies within all 36 of its memory care communities across eight states.
According to a report published by McKnight’s Senior Living, Silverado will use Eversound’s revolutionary wireless headphone system to help address and “overcome the barriers hearing impairment can create” for their residents.
This isn’t the first new technology that Silverado has integrated into their assisted living facilities. In particular, their Nexus program has incorporated computer-based cognitive training and specially designed tablet apps with a focus on memory, reasoning and processing speed. Eversound will enhance the programming at Silverado by providing an improved listening experience to each client based on their individual needs and preferences.
While hearing loss is a normal and natural part of the aging process, it doesn’t have to negatively affect your life.
The more long-term care facilities and retirement homes embrace integrated technologies like this, the better the living experience and quality of life for residents.
Have you or a senior loved one used this technology in assisted living? How did it impact your life? We’d like to hear your stories in the comments below.