9250 Edgeline Drive, West Des Moines, IA, 50266
Community InformationEdgewater is an assisted living facility in West Des Moines, IA. Edgewater offers activities at their location for residents. These activities generally allow residents to maintain healthy lifestyles by encouraging movement and socializing with their peers.
Being able to chat with other residents becomes an important part of many peoples' lives and Edgewater offers common spaces indoors to support that need. The benefit of living in an assisted living community is that making meals can be costly and time consuming process so Edgewater provides meals for residents.
Staff is awake and available 24 hours a day so if any emergencies occur no matter the time, there will be someone ready to help.
Unique Features• Gorgeous 50-acre campus on the very west side of Des Moines Metro area
• Especially appealing to baby boomers or those who prefer luxurious, active lifestyle
• About 5 minutes west of Jordan Creek Town Center, area's largest mall
• Resembles 5-star resort, truly stunning inside and out
• Similar architecture to Frank Lloyd Wright Prairie Design
• Beautiful pools, waterfalls and walking trails throughout
• Trained staff available 24 hours a day
• Concierge service
• Flexible dining and service amenity options available 24 hours a day
• Formal dining at The Terrace
• Casual cuisine and take-home at StoneyBrook Bistro and Market
• Fun, social, light fare at The Overlook Pub
• Lifestyle Coordinator
• Cultural, recreational, educational and social programs
• Performing arts center
• Creative arts studio
• Club room
• Fitness center
• James Morrison Collier and Mary Morrison Baker Aquatic Center
• 89º salt water indoor pool
• Reflections Day Spa
• Business center
• Fitness Center, staffed with Wellness Coordinator and Fitness Coach
• Wellness classes that concentrate on prevention, therapeutic and relaxation movements
• Access to Dakim® BrainFitness™ programming
• full array of therapy services
• 24-hour security
• 24-hour emergency call systemIf you represent Edgewater and would like to claim your listing, please contact us.
The minimum age that a resident may be is years old.
StaffingNurses on StaffDoctor on Call24-Hour Awake StaffVisiting NurseHomecare OnsiteVisiting PodiatristVisiting DentistVisiting Physical TherapistVisiting Occupational TherapistVisiting Speech Therapist
Additional ServicesDiabetic Care
This community can administer insulin injections and blood sugar tests, although are it is not necessarily able to offer sliding scale therapy.
Memory Care Offered
The memory care area of this community is secured to protect the safety of residents who wander.
This community can care for residents with bladder incontinence.
Non Ambulatory Care
This community is equipped to use mechanical lifts transfer for residents who need help transferring, for example, from a bed into a wheelchair.
This community is provides multiple levels of care allowing residents to remain at the community while receiving increasing care.
TransportationResident Parking AvailableComplimentary TransportationTransportation at Cost
Additional AmenitiesActivities OnsiteActivities OffsiteDevotional Services OnsiteDevotional Services OffsiteOutdoor Common AreasIndoor Common AreasBeautician Onsite
Other ServicesWheelchair Accessible ShowersFull TubsHospice AvailableRespite OfferedAging in PlaceSwimming Pool / Hot Tub
Additional info: Flexible Dining Services 24/7
Activities ProvidedNone specified at this time.
Average Room Pricing at Edgewater
Room Type Assisted Living Studio 1 Bedroom Averages $3,800 - $4,700 Monthly Semi-Private 2 BedroomsDisclaimer: The prices, amenities, features and care offered at senior communities are all subject to change; therefore information on this community profile may be out of date. Please note the costs per community are rough estimates; actual costs may vary depending on special offers and discounts, additional fees for services and care, and availability.
Estimated Fees at Edgewater
Fee Type Assisted Living Community Fee Respite Fee Averages $100 - $200 Daily Buy-In Fee High Care Needs Fee Medium Care Needs Fee Low Care Needs Fee 2nd Person Fee Averages $1,400 - $1,800 MonthlyDisclaimer: The prices, amenities, features and care offered at senior communities are all subject to change; therefore information on this community profile may be out of date. Please note the costs per community are rough estimates; actual costs may vary depending on special offers and discounts, additional fees for services and care, and availability.
Paying for careCommercial InsurancePrivate paySocial SecuritySeparate pricing structure for careVeteran's benefits
If Edgewater isn't quite what you're looking for, take a look at a few other nearby communities that might be a better match.
|City||Distance||Number of Facilities||Average Cost for 1 Bedroom|
|West Des Moines||3 miles||1||$4,010|
|Des Moines||4 miles||4||$3,100|
|Pleasant Hill||10 miles||1||$3,840|
General Pricing Information for West Des Moines Assisted Living
|Room Type||Minimum Cost||Average Cost||Maximum Cost|