Cost of Assisted Living in Oregon
According to the 2012 A Place for Mom Senior Living Costs Survey, the median monthly cost to live in an assisted living one bedroom apartment in Oregon is $3,106.
Best Places to Retire in Oregon 2012
Bend Oregon: Spectacular views, hiking, 8 golf courses, lower cost of living. (CNN Money)
Top Cities in Oregon
Assisted Living Rules and Regulations in Oregon
Assisted Living Terms Used in Oregon
Assisted living, residential care facility
Assisted Living License Types
- An assisted living facility provides individual living units and a residential care facility has shared units.
- Residential care facilities have two levels of licensure, Class I and Class II. A class II license is required if a resident needs full assistance in at least one activity of daily living.
Required Training for Staff
- Staff must complete an initial training which includes resident rights, performance assistance with activities of daily living and observation and reporting skills.
- At least 12 hours of continuing education must be completed annually for residential care staff.
Overnight staffing laws depend on the level care the facility provides but all facilities must have at least one person on staff at all times.
There is a required disclosure form that must be completed by all facilities that provide care to residents with Alzheimer’s disease or related disorders that outlines extra service charges.
Eviction Laws and Resident Protections
- Residents must be given 14 to 30 days notice to force a resident to leave the facility.
- Residents may be evicted if the facility staff has determined that the resident’s needs exceed the facility’s level of service, if the facility can not safely evacuate the resident in case of an emergency or if the resident requires 24 hour supervision.
The Oregon Department of Human Services, Seniors and People with Disabilities Licensing and Quality of Care inspects assisted living facilities every 2 years.
Private Payment Laws
A private payment may not exceed the amount of one month’s rent. The deposit must be maintained in a separate bank account.
Links and Sources
Find Assisted Living