Cost of Assisted Living in Idaho
According to the 2012 A Place for Mom Senior Living Costs Survey, the median monthly cost to live in an assisted living one bedroom apartment in Idaho is $2,687.
Top Cities in Idaho
Assisted Living Rules and Regulations in Idaho
Assisted Living Terms Used in Idaho
- Assisted Living
- Residential Care
Assisted living facilities are licensed at either Level I, II or III depending on the level of assistance provided. Level I provides room, board, supervision and minimal assistance while level II provides services that can provide medication management, minimal behavior management and those who are mobile with assistance. Level III facilities can provide extensive assistance with activities of daily living.
Required Staff Training
- Assisted living facilities in Idaho must be operated and staffed by those with knowledge and experience.
- At least one staff member must be on site who has CPR certification and must have completed an approved first aid course.
- Staff members must complete at least 8 hours of training before providing unsupervised care.
- A minimum of 8 hours of continuing education is required per year.
An assisted living facility must have sufficient staffing to assure the safety and proper care of all residents.
Eviction Laws and Resident Protections
- A resident can be forced to leave an assisted living facility if the facility cannot provide appropriate services, if the resident develops pressure sores, open wounds or draining wounds or if the needs of the resident are not compatible with other residents.
- Idaho has a Resident’s Rights which guarantees the residents several rights including but not limited to the right to humane care, the right to a nutritious diet, the right to be communicated with in a language of their choice, and privacy.
External services and fees must be outlined in a negotiated service agreement.
- The licensing agency will inspect and provide technical assistance to all residential care or assisted living facilities.
- Inspections will be unannounced and without prior notice. Inspectors have the authority to have full access to the facility.
Sources and Links
Find Assisted Living