Cost of Assisted Living in Delaware
According to the 2012 A Place for Mom Senior Living Costs Survey, the median monthly cost to live in an assisted living one bedroom apartment in Delaware is $4,520.
Top Cities in Delaware
All cities offering Assisted Living
Assisted Living Rules and Regulations in Delaware
Assisted Living Terms Used in Delaware
Assisted Living Facility
- All assisted living facilities need to have a license issued by the state.
- Separate licenses are required for agencies maintained in separate locations.
- Staff members that provide direct care must have an initial training that includes fire and life safety, infection control, basic food safety, basic first aid, the Heimlich maneuver, job responsibilities, health and psychosocial needs of the population being served, the resident assessment process as well as resident rights.
- Each staff member must complete at least 12 continuing education hours annually.
- At all times, an assisted living facility must have an awake staff person who can administer or assist with medication, who knows emergency procedures, basic first aid, the Heimlich Maneuver and is CPR certified.
- Staff must be adequate in number, training and licensure at all times.
Eviction Laws and Resident Protections
- Assisted living facilities are required to post the Rights of Patients.
- Each resident as the right of privacy in his or her own room, including a door that locks, consistent with the safety needs of the resident.
- Residents may be evicted if their level of care increases past what the facility can provide, if they develop Stage 3 or 4 pressure sores or is socially inappropriate so that the facility cannot manage behavior.
Extra service charges are permitted provided that the residents have notification of the charge.
- All inspections and monitoring will be conducted by the state.
- The Department of Public Health may impose civil money penalties or other enforcement remedies.
Links and Sources
Find Assisted Living