Cost of Assisted Living in New Jersey
According to the 2012 A Place for Mom Senior Living Costs Survey, the median monthly cost to live in an assisted living one bedroom apartment in New Jersey is $4,197.
Top Cities in New Jersey
Assisted Living Rules and Regulations in New Jersey
Required Staff Training
- All health care services must be directed by a registered professional nurse.
- All direct care staff must complete orientation at the time of employment and must also complete in service training that covers provision of services, care of residents with cognitive and physical impairment and infection control and prevention.
Overnight Staffing Laws
- Facilities must employ an adequate number of staff to provide basic care.
- A facility must staff a minimum of one awake person and one additional staff member at all times.
Eviction Laws and Resident Protections
- Evictions are up to each facility and facilities must outline in the admission agreement exactly what the eviction procedures are.
- Residents are entitled to a bill of rights which includes the right to privacy, the right to manage finances and the right to participate in civil and religious ceremonies of his/her choosing.
Extra service charges must be outlined in the admission agreement.
- Inspections are conducted annually by a senior services division of long term care systems.
- Inspection reports must be posted at each facility.
Sources and Links
Find Assisted Living