Cost of Assisted Living in North Dakota
According to the 2012 A Place for Mom Senior Living Costs Survey, the median monthly cost to live in an assisted living one bedroom apartment in North Dakota is $2,808.
Top Cities in North Dakota
Assisted Living Rules and Regulations in North Dakota
Assisted Licensing in North Dakota
- Licenses can be obtained in either basic care facilities or assisted living facilities.
- In assisted living, residents only pay for services needed or desired.
Required Training for Staff
All employees in basic care facilities must have annual training on fire and accident safety, the mental and physical health needs of residents, infection control and prevention, and resident rights.
Overnight Staffing Laws
In assisted living facilities, staff must be available at all times to meet the needs of residents but do not need to be on-site. In basic care facilities, staff must be on-site 24 hours a day.
Eviction Laws and Resident Protections
- Residents may be evicted from a facility if the facility can no longer meet the needs of that resident.
- North Dakota guarantees residents rights which include the right to privacy, the right to confidentiality and the right to voice grievances without fear of retribution.
- The North Dakota Department of Health inspects all North Dakota assisted living facilities every year.
- Inspection reports are available to the public.
Links and Sources
Find Assisted Living