Cost of Assisted Living in Ohio
According to the 2012 A Place for Mom Senior Living Costs Survey, the median monthly cost to live in an assisted living one bedroom apartment in Ohio is $3,100.
Top Cities in Ohio
Monthly costs in neighboring states
All cities offering Assisted Living
Assisted Living Rules and Regulations in Ohio
Assisted Living Terms in Ohio
Residential Care Facility
Adult Care Facility
Assisted Living Licensing
- Facilities must be licensed as a residential care facility.
- Special licenses are available for facilities that provide Alzheimer’s and dementia care.
- Staff members must be at least 16 years old, have completed first aid training and complete a specified training program.
- All staff must be able to understand and communicate in English. Administrators must complete 9 hours of continuing education per year.
- Direct care staff must complete 8 hours of continuing education per year.
Eviction Laws and Resident Protections
Facilities may not admit or retain a resident who has a greater need for skilled nursing care than the facility can give.
Extra service charges must be disclosed on a state disclosure form.
The Ohio Department of Health, Bureau of Long Term Care Quality conducts annual inspections.
Private Payment and Medicaid
In some cases Medicaid can pay for assisted living in Ohio through the assisted living waiver. To learn more contact the Area Agency on Aging.
Sources and Links
Find Assisted Living