Cost of Assisted Living in Indiana
According to the 2012 A Place for Mom Senior Living Costs Survey, the median monthly cost to live in an assisted living one bedroom apartment in Indiana is $2,844.
Top Cities in Indiana
Monthly costs in neighboring states
All cities offering Assisted Living
Assisted Living Rules and Regulations in Indiana
Assisted Living Terms Used in Indiana
Residential Care Facility
Required Training for Staff
- All staff must receive orientation from the facility by the department supervisor on the needs of the residents, the facility’s policies and procedures, first aid, emergency procedures and ethical considerations.
- Yearly continuing education for all staff must include resident’s rights, infection control and prevention, safety, accident prevention and medication administration.
- All residential care facilities must have at least one nursing staff member on site at all times if over 50 residents receive nursing services.
- The facility must have ample staff, both in number and in qualifications to meet the needs of the resident around the clock.
- The specific number depends on the needs of residents.
- At least one staff member with current CPR and first aid certification must be awake and on-site at all time.
Eviction Laws and Resident Protections
- A resident may be evicted from a residential care facility if they develop a need for 24 hour nursing care, if they experience medical instability or if the facility is unable to meet the needs of the resident.
- The state of Indiana enforces resident’s rights which include but are not limited to the right to participate in the community, the right to personal privacy and confidentiality and to be free from chemical or physical restraints.
Extra service fees should be outlines in the resident agreement.
- Licensed facilities will be inspected unannounced.
- Report cards from assisted living facilities are public record.
Sources and Links
Find Assisted Living