Cost of Assisted Living in Georgia
According to the 2012 A Place for Mom Senior Living Costs Survey, the median monthly cost to live in an assisted living one bedroom apartment in Georgia is $2,962.
Top Cities in Georgia
Monthly costs in neighboring states
All cities offering Assisted Living
Assisted Living Rules and Regulations in Georgia
Assisted Living Terms Used in Georgia
- Personal Care Homes
- Assisted Living Communities
Assisted Living Licensing
There are two levels of licensure, “personal care homes” and “assisted living communities”. Assisted living communities have more stringent requirements in areas of disclosure, required services, admission thresholds, physical plant requirements, staffing and staff training.
Required Staff Training
- All staff must receive work related training within the first 60 days of employment.
- Training is required in CPR, first aid, emergency procedures, medical and social needs, residents’ rights and the Long Term Care Resident Abuse Reporting Act.
- At least one administrator who is at least 21 years old must be onsite 24 hours a day.
- There should be at least one staff member per 15 residents during awake hours at at least one staff person per 25 residents during sleeping hours.
- There must be sufficient staff available to meet the needs of the residents.
Eviction Laws and Resident Protections
- A resident may be forced to move out if the need for care is beyond what the facility is licensed to provide, if the resident is no longer ambulatory, if the resident is bedridden or if the resident develops a need for continuous medical or nursing care.
- Assisted living communities are required to operate in a manner that respects the personal dignity of the residents and the human rights of the residents which cannot be waived.
- The state can inspect assisted living communities and personal care homes at will.
- All facilities are required to be in compliance with all relevant codes and regulations.
Private Payment and Medicaid
- Private payments are accepted from the resident and/or family member.
- Medicaid reimbursement is not available for assisted living communities.
Sources and Links
Find Assisted Living