Cost of Assisted Living in Illinois
According to the 2012 A Place for Mom Senior Living Costs Survey, the median monthly cost to live in an assisted living one bedroom apartment in Illinois is $3,477.
Top Cities in Illinois
Assisted Living Rules and Regulations in Illinois
Assisted Living Terms Used in Illinois
- Assisted living
- Long term care
- Shared housing
- Regular license: For assisted living communities that have been in operation more than 120 days
- Probationary license: For new assisted living communities
Required Staff Training
- Facilities must have at least one direct care staff who is CPR certified on duty at all times.
- All employees must complete an orientation within ten days of being hired that reviews the facilities goals, promotes resident dignity, independence and self determination.
- Within 30 days of being hired, employees must complete orientation that includes resident service plans, facility procedures, job responsibilities and emergency procedures.
- A facility must have sufficient staff with appropriate qualifications on staff at all times that meet the needs of residents around the clock.
- If a facility has a program for Alzheimer’s and dementia, the facility must provide enough staff so that each resident receives at least 1.4 hours of service per resident per day.
Eviction Laws and Resident Protections
- A resident can be evicted from a facility if the resident can not provide appropriate services for that resident, if there is need for more than minimal assistance in an emergency, if the resident needs IV therapy or feedings, if the resident develops stage 3 or stage 4 pressure sores or if the resident is unable to communicate needs.
- Illinois has a Resident Rights statue that guarantees residents their rights under the Constitution of the State of Illinois and of the Constitution of the United States. Resident Rights include the right to privacy and dignity at all times, the right to retain and use personal property, the right to direct his or her own care and the right to refuse services unless services are court ordered.
Extra service charges should be outlined in the agreed upon service plan.
The Department of Health will conduct an annual unannounced on-site visit at each facility to determine compliance with all licensure requirements and standards.
Sources and Links
Find Assisted Living